A brunch dish inspired by Doctor Seuss is always a good idea…
I can never get enough of brunch and it’s endless culinary possibilities. This is one of my all time favourite brunch recipes so I felt it was about time that I shared it on here. It requires five ingredients (excluding salt pepper and oil) and is utterly delicious. Creamed spinach is seasoned with a pinch of nutmeg and then topped with eggs and parma ham and baked in the oven. Sheer perfection.
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g spinach leaves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 100 ml double cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of parma ham, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- In a medium sized frying pan (that can also go in the oven) heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the spinach a little at a time until it has all wilted down. Drain the spinach in a colander and press ant excess water out.
- Return the spinach to the pan and stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour the cream in and bring to the boil and then turn the heat down to low. Use the back of a spoon to make dents in the spinach mixture and crack the eggs into these dents. Sprinkle the parma ham over everything and season the top of the eggs with extra pepper. Turn off the heat and place the pan in the oven for approx. 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. I like runny eggs so cook for 10 minutes but if you want hard yolks then cook for 15 plus.
- Remove from the oven and serve with bread to soak up the creamed spinach.
Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you enjoyed it! Please let me know what you think in the comments as I love hearing from you and do not forget to follow me on instagram and on this blog to see more recipes and foodie musings from me. The link to do both can be found below if on a tablet/ phone or in the side bar if on a computer >>>. I have also recently joined pintrest so follow me on there for even more foodie inspiration – my username is Wish to Dish.