Another summer salad is coming your way today…
I am aware that sadly we are coming towards the end of summer now so this will probably be the last post in my “Summer Salad Series” but I created this recipe and shot the photos a while ago so it seemed a shame not to have shared it with you. BBQ season and the compulsory potato salads that go alongside it may be drawing to a close but I hope that this recipe can help you all to create a delicious spread of food for these last balmy evenings!
I would not define this as a groundbreaking take on potato salad but is light and creamy plus a little indulgent due to the crumbled crispy bacon I use to garnish it. As an extra selling point it is very quick and easy to whip up and can be made early in the day and just chill in the fridge until you are ready to eat it!
Serves 4 – 6 as a side dish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 750 g new potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 spring onions, ends removed and finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 4 rashers of unsmoked streaky bacon
- 1 bunch of fresh herbs (basil, parsley or dill) finely chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, turn the water down to a simmer and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked. I find that potatoes can be rather temperamental when it comes to cooking time so keep an eye on them – do not let them go too soft or you will end up with mash!
- Drain the potatoes and run them under cold water or leave them to one side to cool down.
- Meanwhile grill the bacon for 6 minutes, turning it halfway through cooking until it is crispy.
- Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Stir the herbs and spring onions in with the cooled potatoes then add in the creamy mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper then pour it into a serving dish and crumble over the bacon.
Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you enjoyed it! Please let me know what you think in the comments as I love hearing from you and do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and on this blog to see more recipes and foodie musings from me. The link to do both can be found below if on a tablet/ phone or in the side bar if on a computer. I have also recently joined Pinterest so follow me on there for even more foodie inspiration – my username is Wish to Dish.