Hello, how are you guys doing?
I am aware that I am not the first and definitely not the last person to share a recipe for avocado toast – a quick scroll down my Instagram feed will tell me that much. Avocado is now so ubiquitous that it has reportedly overtaken oranges in national fruit sales in fact. However this recipe is so easy, refreshing and scrumptious that I could not help myself from putting it out into the slightly avo-saturated blog o sphere.
You start off with a couple of slices of sourdough toast (you could use any toast but sourdough is my fave), you then slather on a healthy dose of crushed avocado, sprinkle over crab meat dressed in lemon and basil then finish the ensemble off with a few slices of grapefruit. This results in two slices of the prettiest toast you ever will see and makes for the perfect thing to serve at a weekend luncheon. Simple yet impressive.
Makes two slices – could serve 1 or 2 depending on hunger levels
Overall cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small handful of basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 100 g cooked white crab meat
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Toast the bread.
- Crush up the avocado. Squeeze over half the lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and season generously. Keep crushing it until the avocado is smooth.
- Coat the crab in the remaining lemon juice, stir in the basil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Remove the skin from the grapefruit and cut it into thin slices.
- Spread the avocado on the toast, sprinkle over the crab meat and then top with a few slices of the grapefruit.
Thank you so much for reading this post, I hope that you enjoyed it! Please let me know what you think in the comments as I love hearing from you and do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and on this blog to see more recipes and foodie musings from me. The link to do both can be found below if on a tablet/ phone or in the side bar if on a computer. I have also recently joined Pinterest so follow me on there for even more foodie inspiration – my username is Wish to Dish.