Hello, how are you doing? Just a quick post from me today to share my recipe for this super duper speedy and delicious stir fry.
Stir fry has become a staple part of our diets due to how quick and easy it is to make. However a majority of people just grab pre made sauces which are crazy high in salt and sugar and (in my opinion) are not actually that tasty…. I want to demonstrate how you can still whip up a beautiful stir fry cheaply and with very little effort purely with fresh ingredients. Grab several limes, soy sauce, honey plus a grating of garlic and ginger: throw it all in with some meat and veg and voila you have a delicious meal!
A few things to bear in mind:
- The most important element of stir frying is heat (and I don’t mean the chili!). Make sure that your wok/ large frying pan is searing hot before you start cooking.
- Keep moving the ingredients around: as the pan is so hot everything will cook very quickly so to ensure that nothing burns continually stir and shake it all up.
- I have listed my choice of veg (bok choy, sugar snaps and broccoli) and meat (chicken breast) but use whatever you have in the house at the minute.
- To avoid everything turning into a sticky mess slightly undercook the noodles: they should be al dente.
- I have written this recipe for two people. If you are cooking for more people than that I would suggest using two separate frying pans if possible. I know it is more hassle but you really do not want to overcrowd your ingredients.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, finely diced
- 3 limes
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 4cm ginger, grated
- 1 small red chili, finely sliced
- 2 nests of egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or veg oil or coconut oil)
- 1 large bok choy, slice up the leaves coarsely
- 200g veg (long stem broccoli, sugar snaps)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- sliced spring onions and coriander for garnish
- Before you prep your veg mix together the chicken breast, the juice of 1 lime and half of the ginger and garlic together in a bowl to marinate a little. Set to one side.
- Prep all your veg, you want them all to be cut to similar sizes.
- In a bowl stir together the juice of the remaining limes, the sesame seeds, the soy sauce and the honey and stir until combined. Set this to one side.
- In a pan of salted boiling water cook the noodles in line with the packet instructions.
- Set your wok or frying pan to the highest heat and pour in the oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the veg, chili and the remaining ginger and garlic. Cook this for around five minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan. Pour the sauce over everything and stir everything together until everything is evenly distributed and combined.
- Top with coriander and spring onions and serve!