Hello, today I am bringing you the perfect week night supper. Bonus points for me as it is also super healthy (minus the maple syrup…).
I have been attempting to create the perfect recipe for an autumnal/ winter salmon dish for a while now and when a friend of mine requested that I post another one pan wonder on here it gave me the inspiration for this dish. This recipe ticks all the boxes – it is simple, delicious, colourful, healthy and from start to finish takes only one hour.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 2 large salmon fillets
- 200g broccolini
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the glaze stir together the maple syrup, lemon juice, soy sauce and paprika in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place half of the glaze and the sweet potatoes in a dish and use your hands to coat the potatoes. Then lay them out on a large roasting tin and cook in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Coat the salmon fillets in the remaining glaze and coat the broccolini in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the roasting tray from the oven and arrange the salmon and broccolini onto it. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds (if using) and slices of lemon.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know in the comments what you think and follow/ subscribe to this blog if you want to read more of my recipes.